Do These Challenges Sound Familiar?
- Time is ticking down to make your next milestone before you burn through your funding.
- Your board is concerned that key pieces of the management team are missing, yet essential to move programs forward to a “done”.
- Investors require you to hire a veteran Chief Executive before investing additional capital.
- Your founder lacks the bandwidth to move from technical evangelist to executive manager.
- Your product is finally poised to launch, but the existing team has no product commercialization experience.
The management of a VC or Angel funded company has challenges such as managing burn rate, allocating resources economically, keeping timelines to market introduction on course while at the same time driving the company forward with speed toward its end game.
As a startup top executive, one’s time and attention can be pulled in many divergent directions. Multitasking and the ability to maintain high-level perspective one minute and drilling down to a granular level the next, are rare and sought-after skills, few are adept at.
Circumstances can arise where the existing team is inadequate for the tasks at hand, a sudden departure occurs or a fundamental shift in direction requires the timely and expert recruitment of a key executive into your company.
With the need for continuous communication to boards and investment partners, and managing the steady progress toward key milestones, the labor and time intensive task of executive hiring can be virtually impossible to manage on an in-house basis.